1 a metallic tapping sound; "he counted the ticks of the clock" [syn: tick]
2 a strong fabric used for mattress and pillow covers
- Rhymes: -ɪkɪŋ
- present participle of tick
Tick may refer to:
- Tick, a parasite
- Tick-based game, a game that is played in iterated time periods
- Tick (checkmark), a mark used to indicate the concept "yes"
- The Tick, a comedic superhero created by Ben Edlund
- The Tick, a nickname for the Scalloped margin dome volcano on Venus
- Tick, the smallest increment of system time as measured by a computer system
- Tick, the sound a pendulum clock makes
- Tic, a sudden, repetitive, stereotyped, nonrhythmic, involuntary movement or sound
- The Great One, a giant tick from Ben 10
- Commodity Tick, unit of measurement of price movement of a stock or other exchange traded asset.
- "Ticks", a 2007 single by Brad Paisley
- Ticking, a pattern in the coats of dogs such as the German Shorthaired Pointer in which one color is present in small spots ("ticks") on another color, such as liver ticking on white. The ticks may be distinct spots, or may blend very close together.